26 Sep - 13 Oct, 2019
Asian Film Academy 2019
AFA 2019 Schedule
- Online Application: March 20 – April 30, 2019
- Selection Announcement: the middle of July, 2019
- Online Pre-production: August 26 – September 25, 2019
- AFA 2019 Program: September 26 – October 13, 2019
April 30, 2019 (5:00 pm, GMT+9)
- The application form and any additional documents for submission must be in English.
- Only completed online applications including required submission material submitted by the deadline are reviewed.
- Who has U.N. defined Asian nationality (Age 18 or older) seeking one's dream and future in cinema
- More details for the nationality, please refer to FAQ
- Who has experience in directing, producing, cinematography, editing, production design or sound at least two short films
- Who can communicate in English
- Who can attend online pre-production and AFA 2019 program in Busan, Korea during the entire period.
- Who has never attended AFA before
1. Online Application Form
- Personal Statementabout 750 words
- Scanned file for Letter of Recommendationfree-form/optional
- Must be submitted via online link that is accessible for up to 3 months after the deadline.DVDs are not accepted.
- Choose up to three films of your previous works.
- Portfolio works, if not in English, should have English subtitles.
- Feature or short-length films are available. No limit on running time
Benefits for Selected Applicants
- 24 Fellows will be officially invited to AFA.
- A round-trip ticket provided
- Accommodation and meal provided
- No additional entry fee
How to Apply
- Access the Online Application Form by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
- Fill in all the required fields in the Form and attach all required and any additional documents for review.
- Incomplete applications that do not satisfy the listed criteria for eligibility or follow the stated rules may be excluded from consideration without any prior notice.
- All notifications will be made exclusively through e-mails. Please make sure that the e-mail addresses provided in the application form are correct.
- In mid-June: The result of the application screening will be notified individually via e-mail.
- In late June or early July: Only those who pass the application screening will have a final interview in English.
- In mid-July: Final selections to be announced individually