ASEAN-ROK Film Leaders Incubator: FLY2017 Trainees Recruitment|
- |Hits : 686
- |Like : 0
- |2017-06-12 오후 2:50:31
ASEAN-ROK Film Leaders Incubator: FLY2017 Trainees Recruitment
ASEAN-ROK Film Leaders Incubator: FLY2017 (hereinafter FLY2017), an ASEAN-ROK Co-operation Project and a filmmaking workshop co-organized by Busan Film Commission— Busan Asian Film School (AFiS), Association of Indonesian Film Producers (APROFI) and Asian Film Commissions Network (AFCNet), calls for applications.
FLY2017 seeks to nurture the future leaders of Asian film industry by discovering young, aspiring film talents from the 10 ASEAN countries and Korea, as well as to establish a stable filmmaking infrastructure in the region, which can contribute to future productions of diverse films in Asia. Anyone interested and passionate in filmmaking is sincerely welcome to apply.
○ Title: ASEAN-ROK Film Leaders Incubator: FLY2017
○ Project Description: Short-term filmmaking workshop aiming to discover and nurture young film talents in Asia
○ When: November 20—December 3, 2017 (14 days)
○ Where: Indonesia
○ Organizers: Busan Film Commission—Busan Asian Film School, Indonesian Agency for Creative Economy,
of Indonesian Film Producers, Asian Film Commission Network
○ Sponsor: ASEAN-ROK Cooperation Fund
- 8-Week Online Pre-production
- Intensive Filmmaking Workshop and Exercise
- Special Lecture
- Screenings with Instructors, followed by Q&A Session
- Small-Group Mentoring Session
- Production of 2 Short Films
II. Important Dates
○ Announcement for Recruitment: June 1—June 30, 2017
○ Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
○ Finalists Announcement: August 16, 2017
○ Online Pre-production: September 18—November 10, 2017
○ FLY2017 Project Period: November 20—December 3, 2017
○ Nationality: One of the 10 ASEAN member nations (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar,
The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam) or Republic of Korea
between 1992—2001 (Exceptions can be made depending on
different circumstances and talent pool in each country)
○ Experience in making at least 2 short films, documentaries and/or other video works
○ Fluent in English * Official language for FLY2017: English
○ No disqualifications for overseas travel
○ No experience in any of the programs from Busan International Film Festival—Asian Film Academy (AFA)
IV. Application Guidelines
○ Number of Finalists: 22 (2 finalists from each ASEAN member nation and Republic of Korea)
○ Application Method: E-mail Application
○ Depending on your nationality, please submit all the required documents and supporting materials to one of the organizations designated below.
Republic of Korea: Busan Film Commission / www.bfc.or.kr /
- Brunei Darussalam: Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports / www.kkbs.gov.bn / email@example.com
- Cambodia: Cambodia Film Office, Cinema and Cultural Diffusion Department, Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts / cambodiafilm.gov.kh / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indonesia: Film Development Center, Ministry of Education and Culture/ http://pusbangfilm.kemdikbud.go.id / email@example.com
- Lao PDR: Lao Cinema Department, Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism / www.doc.gov.la / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Myanmar: Motion Picture Development Branch Office, Information and Public Relations Department, Ministry of Information / email@example.com
- Philippines: Film Development Council of the Philippines / www.fdcp.ph / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thailand: Thailand Film Office, Department of Tourism, Ministry of Tourism and Sport / www.thailandfilmoffice.org / email@example.com
- Vietnam: Vietnam Cinema Department, Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism / www.cucdienanh.vn / firstname.lastname@example.org
: 2 Finalists to be selected from the participants of the 3rd Next New Wave Young Filmmakers Workshop. (For inquiries, please contact National Film Development Corporation (FINAS) / email@example.com)
- Singapore (independent method)
: 2 Finalists to be selected from the MDA Media Education Scholarship applicants. (For inquiries, please contact Media Development Authority (MDA) / Shona_Lall_PAREKH@imda.gov.sg or Cecilia_YIP@imda.gov.sg)
organization will evaluate the documents and portfolios to select 2 finalists
from each country, and will send the list to Busan Film Commission (AFCNet
○ Evaluation Process: Initial Evaluation (documents) → Secondary Evaluation (phone interviews and portfolios) * Each organization may conduct different methods of evaluation.
V. Required Documents for Application
○ Application Form (Click to download)
○ Cover Letter (Click to download) & Video of self-introduction (must be in English, 1-minute max) that include: motivation for application, self-introduction in relation to film work, and career plans in film industry
○ Portfolio: Video files of your past work examples for which you participated as a director, producer, cinematographer, editor, production designer or sound recorder/mixer
* Prescribed forms can be downloaded from AFCNet / FLY2017 website, as well as the entry organizations’ websites as specified above.
* All documents are required to be submitted via E-mail (portfolio(s) can be submitted either in the form of DVD(s) or E-mail with a downloadable web link).
○ Airfare, accommodation, meals and all types of education courses will be provided to all the selected trainees.
○ All the selected trainees must participate in all the courses of online pre-production.
○ 1 out of 2 Korean finalists will be a Busan resident.
○ Submitted documents are non-returnable.
○ If an applicant is proven to have made a false statement in the documents, the selection committee may revoke that person’s right to be selected as the finalist.
Busan Film Commission (AFCNet Secretariat): firstname.lastname@example.org